The National Open College Network (NOCN) provides accreditation and quality control for learning programs within the Qualification and Credit Framework (RQF).
From 1 March 2022, we will be replacing the current NOCN Certificates with E Certificates from NOCN. These will be emailed out to students for faster delivery and confirmation of achievement
Introduction to Pumping Technology
- The Introduction to Pumping Technology course requires up to 20 hours. It is academically at the same level as a GCSE Grade A-C.
- Ofqual has approved the course at LEVEL TWO (RQF) with 2 credits.
- This has the Ofqual Qualification No L2 601/1564/6
Essentials of Pumping Technology
- The Essentials of Pumping Technology course requires up to 90 hours. It is academically at the same level as an HNC in Mechanical Engineering.
- Ofqual has approved the course at LEVEL FOUR (RQF) with 9 credits.
- This has the Ofqual Qualification No L4 601/1583/X
- In addition, the BPMA awards their own certificate for each course, based on the whole of the final test.
- This award tests more of the background knowledge than that which supports the NOCN Unit.
- The BPMA award is graded as a PASS at 60%, a CREDIT at 75% and a DISTINCTION at 90%.
- Industry professionals should aim to be awarded the Distinction.